This Tutorial includes over 7 hours of training.
Difficulty Level : Advanced
Main Software Used in,
Modeling, Simulation : ArchiCAD, 3Ds Max, Marvelous Designer, MeshLab (free)
Rendering : V-ray 3.0
Post Production : Photoshop
The tutorial will cover,
In Modeling :
- Customizing the UI using scripts.
- Using Marvelous Designer to model every piece of resting furniture; all the couches , sofas, pillows, chair.
- Spline modeling in conjunction with some modifiers , including ; tables, the floor lamp, vases, wall clock.
- Using V-ray fur for the floor carpet.
- Using ATree free script to create flowers and plants.
- Using V-ray displacement to create cutouts.
- Optimizing V-ray displacement to areas that are seen through the camera for memory optimization.
- Using ArchiCAD to model the building and refining in 3Ds Max.
- Using some free scripts to place books in bookshelf randomly.
- Using Animation tools to scatter objects on our models.
- Using graphite modeling tool-set
In Shading :
- Using V-ray blend to create complex materials .
- Using quick scripts to interactively see the results of complex textures without the need of full rendering.
- Using V-ray 2 sided to create translucency for objects.
- Using worn out edges with the use of V-ray displacement and V-ray Dirt.
- Optimizing all scene materials to have the best quality n the least rendering time.
- Most of the materials in the scene are made of complicated shading networks
- Using V-ray 3.0′s new features that will help in rendering this scene faster and modifiable.
- Get use of all different V-ray lights and how to optimize those and a general lighting solution which will work in many interior scenes.
- Rendering many different render passes including masks for all materials, separating lights, reflection, refraction and ….
- Layering all our different passes together to achieve a result we want.
- Changing the individual lights effect in our scene without the need to re-rendering.
- Color correcting many of our elements with ease using the masks that we rendered out.
- Adding extra texture to some objects and learn how to blend them nicely with the scene.
Lessons are as follow :
00-General Information 42′:55″
01-Drawing the building in ArchiCAD 48′:51″
02-Finishing the building 06′:16″
03-Modeling the bookshelf 39′:29″
04-Modeling the rug 21′:21″
05-Modeling the coffee table 33′:10″
06-Creating the lamps 21′:10″
07-Modeling the wall clock 16′:12″
08-Modeling the vase 11′:53″
09-Modeling the curtains in MD 09′:11″
10-Modeling the couch in MD 25′:06″
11-Modeling the chair in MD 13′:58″
12-Modeling the sofa in MD 06′:54″
13-Shading-part 01 20′:21″
14-Shading-part 02 26′:34″
15-Shading-part 03 17′:47″
16-Shading-part 04 07′:29″
17-Shading-part 05 14′:39″
18-Shading-part 06 09′:14″
19-Lighting & Rendering 28′:05″
If you feel there’s something in the tutorial that needs more explanation or a part that has been missed, you may write to me at anytime and I’ll be adding an update to the tutorial which you’ll be able to download.